Apple has released versions 5.0.3 and 4.1.3 of its Internet browser Safari. The updates address several security vulnerabilities in the WebKit-based browser. The Safari updates fix more than 25 security holes in the browser’s open source WebKit rendering engine, most of them rated as critical.
Safari 5.0.3 & Safari 5.0.3 Windows update highlights:
- More accurate Top Hit results in the Address Field
- More accurate results in Top Sites
- Fixes an issue that could cause content delivered with the Flash 10.1 plug-in to overlap web page content
- More reliable pop-up blocking
- Fixes an issue that affected playback of some videos shot or edited to include rotations and flips
- Improved stability when typing into search and text input fields on www.netflix.com and www.facebook.com
- Improved stability when using VoiceOver with Safari
For detailed information on the security content of this update, please visit this site:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
Safari 5.0.3 is available to download for Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard, 10.6.2 Snow Leopard and Windows XP SP2 or later. Alternatively, Safari 4.1.3 is provided for users running Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger. Mac OS X users can upgrade to the latest release via the built-in Software Update function. All users are advised to upgrade to the latest release as soon as possible.