(LiveHacking.com) — At the end of July, Google released Chrome 21 which, along with new features like a new API for high-quality video and audio communication, fixed 26 security related bugs. Now just 8 days later Google has released a new version of Chrome 21 (21.0.1180.75) for Mac, Linux and Windows which addresses two High priority security issues.
The two vulnerabilities comprise of five bug reports raised against Chrome and are all to do with the built-in PDF viewer. The details are as follows:
-    High CVE-2012-2862: Use-after-free in PDF viewer. Credit to Mateusz Jurczyk of Google Security Team, with contributions by Gynvael Coldwind of Google Security Team.
-   High CVE-2012-2863: Out-of-bounds writes in PDF viewer. Credit to Mateusz Jurczyk of Google Security Team, with contributions by Gynvael Coldwind of Google Security Team.
Note that the referenced bugs will be kept private until a majority of Chrome users are up to date with the fix.
Google define a bug to be of high severity if the vulnerability lets an attacker read or modify confidential data belonging to other web sites. Additionally, Google recommend rating issues that let an attacker execute arbitrary code within the confines of the sandbox as high. Also vulnerabilities that interfere with browser security features are also high severity.
Other non-security fixes in this release include:
- Flash videos not longer remaining in fullscreen when clicking a secondary monitor while the video is playing (Issue: 140366).
- Flash video full screen displays on wrong monitor (Issue: 137523)
- REGRESSION: Rendering difference in Chrome 21 and 22 that affected on Persian Wikipedia (Issue: 139502)
- Some known crashes (Issues: 137498, 138552, 128652, 140140)
- Audio objects are not “switched” immediately (Issue: 140247)
- Print and Print Preview ignore paper size default in printer config (Issue: 135374)
- Candidate windows is shown in wrong place in Retina display (Issue: 139108)
- more of the choppy and distorted audio issues (Issue: 136624)
- Japanese characters showing in Chinese font (Issue: 140432)
- Video playback issues with flash-based sites (Issue: 139953)
- Sync invalidation notification broken after restart (Issue: 139424)