—–<THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN RETIRED – LAST UPDATE 2011-05-17.>—–
The Live Hacking DVD is packed with tools and utilities for ethical hacking, penetration testing and countermeasure verification. The DVD includes hacking tools for DNS, reconnaissance, foot-printing (gathering information about computers on the network), password cracking, network sniffing, spoofing (or masquerading) and wireless networking utilities.
Here is a list of the hacking tools you can find on the Live Hacking DVD/CD:
Reconnaissance (and DNS)
- Dig – DNS lookup utility
- DNSMap – DNS mapping is a mechanism which allows hosts on a private LAN to use DNS Services even if the address of an actual DNS Server is unknown.
- DNSTracer – Trace DNS queries to the source
- DNSWalk – Checks DNS zone information using nameserver lookups
- Netmask – Helps determine network masks
- Relay Scanner – This program is used to test SMTP servers for Relaying problems
- TCPTraceroute – Traceroute implementation using TCP packets
- Firewalk – Firewalk is a network auditing tool that attempts to determine what transport protocols a given gateway will pass.
- Amap – Performs fast and reliable application protocol detection, independent of the TCP/UDP port they are being bound to.
- Curl – Get a file from an HTTP, HTTPS or FTP server
- Fping – Sends ICMP ECHO_REQUEST packets to network hosts
- Hping3 – Active Network Smashing Tool
- HTTprint – A web server fingerprinting tool
- Ike-Scan – IPsec VPN scanning, fingerprinting and testing tool
- MetoScan – HTTP method scanner
- Nmap – The Network Mapper
- Netcat – TCP/IP swiss army knife
- P0f – Passive OS fingerprinting and masquerade detection utility
- Zenmap – The Network Mapper Front End
- Chntpw – NT SAM password recovery utility
- Rainbowcrack – Crack LM, MD5 and SHA1 hashes
- THC PPTP Bruter – A brute forcing program against PPTP VPN endpoints (TCP port 1723)
- VNCrack – Crack VNC passwords
- John the ripper – A fast password cracker
- DHCP Dump – DHCP packet dumper
- Dsniff – Password sniffer
- SSLDump – Dump SSL traffic on a network
- Ntop – Displays top network users
- Wireshark – Interactively dump and analyze network traffic
Spoofing (or Masquerading)
- File2cable – Sends a file as a raw ethernet frame
- Netsed – Network packet streaming editor
- Sing – Send ICMP Nasty Garbage packets to network hosts
- TCPreplay – Replay network traffic stored in pcap files
Wireless Networking Utilities
- Aircrack-ng – Aircrack-ng is an 802.11 WEP and WPA-PSK keys cracking program that can recover keys once enough data packets have been captured.
- Kismet – Wireless sniffing and monitoring
- THC Leap Cracker – The THC LEAP Cracker Tool suite contains tools to break the NTChallengeResponse encryption technique e.g. used by Cisco Wireless LEAP Authentication.
- WEPCrack – WEPCrack is an open source tool for breaking 802.11 WEP secret keys.
- WIDZ – Wireless Intrusion Detection System
- Cowpatty – Brute-force dictionary attack against WPA-PSK
- GDB – The GNU Debugger.
- Hexdump – ASCII, decimal, hexadecimal and octal dump tool.
- Hexedit – View and edit file in hexadecimal or in ASCII
- Wipe – Securely erase files
- Madedit -Text/Hex Editor