(LiveHacking.Com) – Microsoft has released its patches for Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer, .NET Framework, Silverlight, Forefront United Access Gateway, and Microsoft Host Integration Server as part of October’s patch Tuesday.
There are two Critical level fixes, one for .NET Framework & Silverlight and the other for Internet Explorer:
MS11-078 – Vulnerability in .NET Framework and Microsoft Silverlight Could Allow Remote Code Execution. This security update resolves a privately reported vulnerability in Microsoft .NET Framework and Microsoft Silverlight. The vulnerability could allow remote code execution on a client system if a user views a specially crafted Web page using a Web browser that can run XAML Browser Applications (XBAPs) or Silverlight applications. Users whose accounts are configured to have fewer user rights on the system could be less impacted than users who operate with administrative user rights. The vulnerability could also allow remote code execution on a server system running IIS, if that server allows processing ASP.NET pages and an attacker succeeds in uploading a specially crafted ASP.NET page to that server and then executes the page, as could be the case in a Web hosting scenario. This vulnerability could also be used by Windows .NET applications to bypass Code Access Security (CAS) restrictions.
MS11-081 – Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer. This security update resolves eight privately reported vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer. The most severe vulnerabilities could allow remote code execution if a user views a specially crafted Web page using Internet Explorer. An attacker who successfully exploited any of these vulnerabilities could gain the same user rights as the local user. Users whose accounts are configured to have fewer user rights on the system could be less impacted than users who operate with administrative user rights.
The remaining advisories are all rated as Important:
- MS11-075 – Vulnerability in Microsoft Active Accessibility Could Allow Remote Code Execution
- MS11-076 – Vulnerability in Windows Media Center Could Allow Remote Code Execution
- MS11-077 – Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers Could Allow Remote Code Execution
- MS11-079 – Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway Could Cause Remote Code Execution
- MS11-080 – Vulnerability in Ancillary Function Driver Could Allow Elevation of Privilege
- MS11-082 – Vulnerabilities in Host Integration Server Could Allow Denial of Service