The new version of Wireshark the world’s most popular network protocol analyzer has been released. In Wireshark version 1.4.1 many bugs and one major vulnerability that could cause stack overflow have been fixed.
The following vulnerabilities have been fixed. See the security advisory for details and a workaround.
The following bugs have been fixed:
- Wireshark may appear offscreen on multi-monitor Windows systems. (Bug 553)
- Incorrect behavior using sorting in the packet list. (Bug 2225)
- Cooked-capture dissector should omit the source address field if empty. (Bug 2519)
- MySQL dissector doesn’t dissect MySQL stream. (Bug 2691)
- Wireshark crashes if active display filter macro is renamed. (Bug 5002)
- Incorrect dissection of MAP V2 PRN_ACK. (Bug 5076)
- TCP bytes_in_flight becomes inflated with lost packets. (Bug 5132)
- Wireshark fails to start on Windows XP 64bit. (Bug 5160)
- GTP header is exported in PDML with an incorrect size. (Bug 5162)
- Packet list hidden columns will not be parsed correctly from preferences file. (Bug 5163)
- Wireshark does not display the t.38 graph. (Bug 5165)
- Wireshark don’t show mgcp calls in “Telephony → VoIP calls”. (Bug 5167)
- Wireshark 1.4.0 & VoIP calls “Prepare Filter” problem. (Bug 5172)
- GTPv2: IMSI is decoded improperly. (Bug 5179)
- [NAS EPS] EPS Quality of Service IE decoding is wrong. (Bug 5186)
- Wireshark mistakenly writes “not all data available” for IPv4 checksum. (Bug 5194)
- GSM: Cell Channel Description, range 1024 format. (Bug 5214)
- Wrong SDP interpretation on VoIP call flow chart. (Bug 5220)
- The CLDAP attribute value on a CLDAP reply is no longer being decoded. (Bug 5239)
- [NAS EPS] Traffic Flow Template IE dissection bugs. (Bug 5243)
- [NAS EPS] Use Request Type IE defined in 3GPP 24.008. (Bug 5246)
- NTLMSSP_AUTH domain and username truncated to first letter with IE8/Windows7 (generating the NTLM packet). (Bug 5251)
- IPv6 RH0: dest addr is to be used i.s.o. last RH address when 0 segments remain. (Bug 5252)
- EIGRP dissection error in Flags field in external route TLVs. (Bug 5261)
- MRP packet is not correctly parsed in PROFINET multiple write record request. (Bug 5267)
- MySQL Enhancement: support of Show Fields and bug fix. (Bug 5271)
- [NAS EPS] Fix TFT decoding when having several Packet Filters defined. (Bug 5274)
- Crash if using ssl.debug.file with no password for ssl.keys_list. (Bug 5277)
New and Updated Features
There are no new features in this release.
New Protocol Support
There are no new protocols in this release.
Updated Protocol Support
ASN.1 BER, ASN.1 PER, EIGRP, GSM A RR, GSM Management, GSM MAP, GTP, GTPv2, ICMPv6, Interlink, IPv4, IPv6, IPX, LDAP, LLC, MySQL, NAS EPS, NTLMSSP, PN-IO, PPP, RPC, SDP, SLL, SSL, TCP
New and Updated Capture File Support
There are no new or updated capture file formats in this release.
Wireshark source code and installation packages are available from http://www.wireshark.org/download.html.
Most Linux and Unix vendors supply their own Wireshark packages. You can usually install or upgrade Wireshark using the package management system specific to that platform. A list of third-party packages can be found on the download page on the Wireshark web site.
Wireshark and TShark look in several different locations for preference files, plugins, SNMP MIBS, and RADIUS dictionaries. These locations vary from platform to platform. You can use About->Folders to find the default locations on your system.
Source:[Wireshark 1.4.1 Release Note]