(LiveHacking.Com) - Brian Krebs, who was until just a couple of years ago a reported for The Washington Post, has revealed that over 760 other companies have been hit by the same attackers which targeted RSA earlier this year.
In his blog post, Brian says that “more than 760 other organizations had networks that were compromised with some of the same resources used to hit RSA. Almost 20 percent of the current Fortune 100 companies are on this list.”
Brian does, however, give some caveats:
- Many of the network owners listed are Internet service providers, and are likely included because some of their subscribers were hit.
- It is not clear how many systems in each of these companies or networks were compromised.
- Some of these organizations (there are several antivirus firms mentioned below) may be represented because they intentionally compromised internal systems in an effort to reverse engineer malware used in these attacks.
- The Alabama Supercomputer Network
- Cisco Systems
- The European Space Agency
- Intel Corp
- the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Motorola Inc.
- Northrop Grumman
- Research in Motion (RIM) Ltd.
- Seagate Technology